JOURNAL OF NATURAL RESOURCES ›› 2020, Vol. 35 ›› Issue (6): 1314-1325.doi: 10.31497/zrzyxb.20200605

• Special Forum of "Water Resource and Ecological Environment in Northwest Hebei Province" • Previous Articles     Next Articles

Hydrochemistry characteristics and the recharge source of groundwater in typical watersheds of Beijing-Tianjin-Hebei region, China

ZHANG Qing-hua1, ZHAO Yu-feng1, 2, TANG Jia-liang3, LU Wen3, LUO Zhuan-xi1   

  1. 1. Key Laboratory of Urban Environment and Health, Institute of Urban Environment, CAS, Xiamen 361021, Fujian, China;
    2. School of Geographical Science, Shanxi Normal University, Linfen 041000, Shanxi, China;
    3. Institute of Mountain Hazards and Environment, CAS, Chengdu 610041, China
  • Received:2019-07-05 Revised:2020-03-26 Online:2020-06-28 Published:2020-06-28

Abstract: To reveal the characteristics of groundwater circulation in typical watersheds of the northwestern Beijing-Tianjin-Hebei region, this paper used environmental isotopes and hydrochemical techniques to analyze the characteristics of hydrogen and oxygen isotopes, hydrochemical characteristics and spatio-temporal changes, as well as the relationship between surface water and groundwater transformation in different watersheds of the Zhangjiakou region. Results showed that the surface water in the region was mainly HCO3-Mg·Na and HCO3·Cl-Na type, while in different seasons the water types of the groundwater were not the same. Specifically, the groundwater types were more diverse with HCO3-Mg·Na, HCO3·Cl-Na, HCO3·Cl-Na·Mg types. An ion source analysis indicates that the surface water and groundwater were mainly affected by rock weathering. Parts of the groundwater in Zhangjiakou were affected by evaporation concentration. The hydrogen and oxygen isotopic compositions of surface water and groundwater were similar, indicating that the water was mainly from the atmospheric precipitation. Based on stable isotopic characteristics, 37.74% of the groundwater in the study region was derived from precipitation, while the remaining 62.26% was from river water, suggesting that the basin groundwater is mainly recharged from the river water.

Key words: ion source, Zhangjiakou, hydrogen and oxygen isotopes, water cycle, groundwater